Happy Birthday David Bonham! My Dad…
My dad is a pretty amazing guy. He turns 74 today and we still talk once or twice a week. He is active – raising cows, chickens and bees. (He is nailing the beekeeping – teaches other how to do it as well.) I honor him today for all that he has poured into my life…more than even he knows. So, here are some random thoughts about my dad.
– We both talk the same way. We use our hands a lot and we are soft-spoken.
– We both cry when we laugh. I especially love it when we laugh together…we usually see the other one laughing and crying and it prompts us to do it more.
– We both think common sense is foundational to almost everything.
– We both like conversations we have during the day that are genuine and cause us to think.
– We both like to write. Like the letter he wrote to me on my first day of college that was waiting in my mailbox when I got there. (You thought I forgot – tell more people about those words than you can imagine.)
– We both like to have fun when we work.
– Now…we both have an age spot on our hand. (Inside story)
– We both fiercely love our families.
– Finally, I recognize the role my dad and mom played in me accepting Christ. They went to church for a long time without a relationship with Christ. When they made their profession of faith, they ultimately changed the trajectory for my sister and brothers. Over time, we all accepted Christ. I am the first minister in my family that I know of. And now, Casey is following that similar path.
So, the last thing to say is that “we both make an impact.”
You really do! Happy Birthday!