S – The proposal pleased Pharaoh and all his servants, 38 and he said to them, “Can we find anyone like this, a man who has God’s spirit in him?” 39 So Pharaoh said to Joseph, “Since God has made all this known to you, there is no one as discerning and wise as you are. 40 You will be over my house, and all my people will obey your commands., Only I, as king, will be greater than you.”
Genesis 41:37–40 CSB
O – A couple of items jump out today:
- Joseph interprets two dreams as he did with his family.
- Joseph is central to the fulfillment of those dreams.
- God’s spirit is recognized by Pharoah as it was by Potiphar.
- Pharoah recognized the tangible gifting and wisdom Joseph possessed, like Potiphar.
- Pharoah gave him the same authority and responsibility structure as Potiphar.
- See the progression of maturity that Joseph did not tell Pharoah that he was the guy to lead the charge. He matured enough to let Pharoah ask.
A – What we are going through today prepares us for what He wants in us tomorrow. We must remain present enough to grow and mature through today’s efforts.
R – Lord, help me to do this.