S – “But you, be on your guard! They will hand you over to local courts,, and you will be flogged in the synagogues. You will stand before governors and kings because of me, as a witness to them. 10 And it is necessary that the gospel be preached to all nations. 11 So when they arrest you and hand you over, don’t worry beforehand what you will say, but say whatever is given to you at that time, for it isn’t you speaking, but the Holy Spirit
Mark 13:9–11 CSB
O – Lot of strong principles in these verses:
- We need to be observant of all that is happening in the physical and spiritual realms.
- There will be persecution for your relationship with Christ.
- You will gain access to groups of people and leaders because of it.
- Your message is salvation comes through Jesus.
- Your message will be given to you by the Holy Spirit at that time.
A – Same principles – a different version of them today. There is a spiritual battle going on every day. Persecution comes in different forms and we aren’t flogging people today. But the message of Christ is challenged and we have the opportunity to share our faith through the Holy Spirit.
R – Lord, help me to see clearly all that is going on today. Give me your insights and words by the Holy Spirit, no matter what difficulty or challenge I encounter.