I just got off my 5:20 am flight. Since I am an early morning person, you would think I would be in my element. Honestly, I was. (It was difficult after staying up to cheer on my Bolts – tough loss but so proud of their grit and desire.) What can you learn on a 5:20 flight…believe me, a lot. Random observations before 7:18am:
- There are a lot of police officers tending to automobile accidents at 3:30am. (3 in 10 miles)
- You CAN find a parking spot in long-term parking at 3:50am.
- No, they don’t let you go over to the terminal before 4am.
- Yes, they will send you back if you accidentally go over because there was no one to check ID’s in the main hub.
- Yes, there are actually families with 6 kids who will actually get up at this time of day to fly somewhere.
- Yes, those same 6 kids will find the play area and play on every square inch of it until they have to board. (And question why they have to leave such a great playground?)
- This flight will definitely be overbooked and run out of overhead space.
- No terminal stores are open except for Starbucks and General goods place – quiet is so eerie and cool at the same time.
- Everyone (including the hip grandma) and I mean everyone is using headphones this morning. Parents of the 6 kids – not.
- Yes, God can move on a 5:20am flight. Most amazing conversation with a businessman about his journey in business and life.
- Yes, I continue to learn more about leadership, management and overall team building as a pastor.
- Yes, I see the power of a story…wow!
- Yes, we all can make an impact if we stay available.
Ok, its 7:18am…I am ready for a nap!